Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Salmon Update

Ok, so I'm in EATS and they have the Pacific wild salmon in again and it looks great! It came in that day and was $7.99/lb. Two good size steaks I was able to pick out myself cost me $9.75. I wish I got a shot before I marinated but I didn't think.



At first smell I detected a faint wiff of fish but mostly just kind of a sea smell. They probably gut and clean them at EATS as there was some small brownish matter clinging to one of the "legs" on each. Sort of like how parts of liver will stick to the rib cage of chicken. Anyway, my trusty boning knife sliced that right off and after a rinse in cold water they smelled fine. After marinating they went straight to the grill (charcoal of course) and were done in no time.



I like my salmon very pink in the middle and Pacific salmon in particular will get dry very quickly so do not over-cook. I highly reccommend this salmon and will get it again. If you see it in the case, do not hesitate to ask when it came in.



Easy Salmon Marinade:

Lemon Juice
Soy Sauce
Dijon Mustard
Olive Oil
Fresh Herbs, I like Rosemary
Cracked Black Pepper

Combine all to a consitency that will coat the salmon well. I don't use exact measurements but if you need them contact me and I will give you best approximations. Leave out for 15 minutes or so for flavors to absorb. Grill and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm! Salmon photos look great/delicious! Thanks for the info...