Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fruit Finds

I have started to see the highly anticipated Saturn peaches arrive at both Hannaford and Price Chopper the past week. If anyone in your family is as crazy about them as my little freak, then you know you have to scoop these up quick. Also sited are cherries both the regular and west coast variety. Get em while they're still firm and tart.

I know I normally praise EATS for their high quality and affordable produce but as of late their source has become quite unreliable. I've been going in every other day for a week now and they keep telling me that the supplier has still not arrived. Typical, it seems nothing good ever lasts in the Capital District.

Speaking of which, one of my favorite farms must be open by now. Indian Ladder Farms, generally a hold out for not opening until post Memorial Day, made strides last year to beef up their local offerings to include local area meats and sausages, including Flying Pigs Farm products. Rumour has it though that someone high up the "food" chain has moved on to "other pastures" and with that goes the end to that department. I will have to go over and check this out for myself very soon. This will be very disappointing if true.

Nothing else much to report on for now. If you need your basic supply of chicken breast for your healthy eating, both Hannaford and Chopper has deals for under $2 a pound. I usually buy a bunch and freeze. Don't forget, chicken breast is great for the grill in a variety of ways: left whole, kabobs, stuffed with all those fresh herbs running wild in your garden right now. I think both deals end today though so get moving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful with the deals at Price Chopper....the MountAire Chicken Breasts are indeed under $2 a lb...but upon reading the label...contains up to 15% solution....

Ugh...I'm not paying for salty water...

Anonymous said...

good one... thanks fro sharing.....
___________________
rozy
Email Marketing Solutions